Why facing the truth of your story is your next best step.
“Not everything that is faced can be changed,
but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”
I want you to be real:
- Are you happy with the person you are being right now?
- Are you happy with the life you are living?
- Do you wake up each morning with an enthusiasm for the day ahead?
- How often do you allow yourself to have fun and hear yourself laughing?
- How often do you feel down about your circumstances, sad, depressed, or anxious?
- When you think about your future, how often do you envisage it as bright, meaningful, and rewarding?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest), how happy do you currently feel?
Opening your eyes to your current reality is not always easy. If your answers have left you feeling somewhat raw and vulnerable, I want you to know that is okay.
It takes courage and strength to face the truth of your story. We get so used to putting our brave faces on to the world and doing what we can to get through each day that we can lose sight of what is causing our discomfort with life and how we truly feel.
Fighting your truth, or denying, ignoring or blocking what is true and real will, however, never manifest a newfound zest for life, happiness, or inner peace.
The bottom line is that it is up to you to choose to bring more heartfelt joy into your life and take responsibility for being the change you want to see in your world. If you are not happy, then only you can change that.
Facing your story and the quiet acceptance of what is true and real for you right now is what will open the doorway to a fresh new fertile starting place from which to think and act anew and let the light crack back in.
Keeping Things Simple:
Positive change isn’t created by ignoring or denying what is happening; it comes from being honest with yourself. Do nothing now, nothing much changes. Crafting a brighter future comes down to you.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!